Friday 5 @ 5:00 | 5.06.16 | Mother’s Day Edition
Mother’s Day is this weekend and we’ve got a few things to do around town – read on!
1. For cuteness overload, take Mom to Cincinnati Zoo on Sunday for Zoo Babies! Thanks to TriHealth, every Mom gets in for free on Sunday, May 8th, Mother’s Day! While there, look for the 6 foot pink and blue storks to direct you to the Zoo’s cutest little baby faces! For details, including hours and directions, see the Cincinnati Zoo’s website.
2. The 16th Annual Spring Pottery Fair will take place Saturday, May 7th at DeSales Corner in E Walnut Hills. Free to attend with ample parking, the event will feature over 50 of the area’s top artists offering handmade pottery, tiles, sculpture and other ceramic goods. More info can be found here.
3. Not only is it Mother’s Day weekend – it’s also Derby Weekend!!! If you can’t make it to Churchill Downs, the next best place to be may very well be Washington Park’s Derby Party on the Civic Lawn ‘infield’! Enjoy Mint Juleps, Cincinnatis favorite craft beer from Rhinegeist, Madtree, Tafts Ale House, & Christian Moerlein, and watch the race on the giant LED board. We will also have live music, giant jenga, cornhole, and more! The party starts at 4 PM and goes until 10 PM! More info on Washington Park’s website!
4. The Taft Museum of Art is offering a Mother’s Day Brunch, beginning at 11 AM. Treat Mom to a delicious meal that she doesn’t have to make OR clean up after and then visit masterworks by Rembrandt, Reynolds, Turner, Whistler, Hals and more in the Tafts historic house. More information available here.
5. After all the celebrating this weekend, Mom may need some time to herself….she can treat herself and meet some friends at Wine Walk Wednesdays on Hyde Park Square and support several good causes. The first Wine Walk is next Wednesday, May 11th, 6:00 – 9:00 PM. All attendees must purchase an event bracelet at Rejuve Cosmetic & Wellness Center or at other select locations for $10. Proceeds from this event bracelet benefit American Cancer Society, The Cure Starts Now, 8th Annual Bake Me Home Boutique & Pets In Need of Greater Cincinnati. Tellers is offering appetizer specials + Mom can check out the other shops on the
Square. Check out their Facebook event page for full details!