One of the oldest neighborhoods in Cincinnati, Walnut Hills is named for the farm of one of its early settlers by the name of Reverend James Kemper. Walnut Hills was annexed to the City of Cincinnati in 1869. From its beginning Walnut Hills was and continues to be a diverse and dynamic neighborhood. Historic homes, churches, and schools are supported by three business districts and two business associations. It is approximately ten minutes to Downtown Cincinnati and within five minutes of the University of Cincinnati. Residents are proud of the culture and history of the area, distinct architecture, tree-lined streets, proximity to the City’s most interesting venues, parks, schools and an active community council that meets on a monthly basis.ï»¿
East Walnut Hills
Founded in 1867, East Walnut Hills is an historic urban neighborhood that provides a wide range of housing options, economical to elegant, including contemporary condos in historic buildings and historically significant estate properties, dating back to the 1850’s. Many prominent Cincinnatians built rural estates here, including John Baker (1887 Madison Road), the Keys/Hollister house at 1831 Keys Crescent, the Dexter House at 6 Dexter Place and the Bates House at 3036 Fairfield Avenue. Several estates were built on William Howard Taft Road, which offer spectacular views of the Ohio River and downtown Cincinnati. E Walnut Hills is just minutes from Downtown, Xavier University, Cincinnati’s €œPill Hill€ in Clifton and Mt. Auburn and a wide variety of services, shopping, dining and entertainment options. Visit their website for more information.