Friday 5 @ 5:00 | 4.29.15
We’re always on the lookout for fun things to do in the Cincinnati region. Check in here every Friday for our top 5 things!
1. It’s Flying Pig weekend! Dubbed one of the funnest marathons in the country, the Flying Pig has evolved into 72 hours of fun! There’s still time to register for the 5K and 10K, or take Fido out for the Fur Run! The expo is going on now at the Duke Energy Convention Center and registrations are still being accepted.
If running isn’t your thing, be sure to get out along the course and cheer the runners on! Our weather is looking a big soggy this weekend, they’ll need all the course support they can get! Check out the Flying Pig website for expo hours, course neighborhoods and spectator information!
2. Washington Park’s Deck is now open daily 4 PM to 10 PM! Located directly adjacent north of the dog park, the Deck features full bar service including beer, wine, liquor and Coke products. And on Friday nights, you can catch awesome local bands at the Tiny Deck Concerts. Full schedule here: Washington Park Tiny Deck Concert Series
3. Spring brings farmers markets…but sadly, our weather on the weekends hasn’t cooperated of late. Fret not, the Anderson Farmers Market is INDOORS! Every Saturday, 9:30 to 11:30 AM at Anderson Center Station, local farmers gather to offer fresh picked produce right from the fields. Take the kids AND the dog (the Market is dog friendly) and support our local growers, sans umbrella and Hunter boots! Anderson Farmers Market
4. Saturday night, April 30th, don’t miss the 2nd Annual Star Wars night at the Cincinnati Rollergirls! The Cincinnati Rollergirls is the areas first all-female, amateur, flat track roller derby team. Founded in late 2005 with its first season in 2006, the team is owned and operated by its skaters, women from around the region who represent a wide range of ages, backgrounds and occupations.
The first 500 fans Saturday night will get a light sword, limited edition t-shirts are available and Star Wars costumed characters will roam the crowd. Tickets are reasonable and available here or at the Cincinnati Gardens box office.
Before you go, check out the team roster and create your own roller girl name!
5. Need some horse betting practice prior to next week’s running of the Kentucky Derby? Live horse racing returns to Belterra Park Saturday, April 29th, post time 1:30 PM. Whether you pick your horse by jockey silks color or analyze the program for the tiniest of details, nothing beats the excitement of cheering your horse down the homestretch. Check out the schedule, casino and restaurant offerings, as well as directions and hours.Return to Blog